Question: How can one have good study habits when he does read hard?
Doris Nyamwaya answered on 31 May 2019:
Studying behavior varies among individuals. Some people can read a whole book and understand while others can only do one page.
No matter your type, I advise for one to go for quality and not quantity. Have a goal on what you want to read about, focus on achieving this goal at your most comfortable pace.
Avoid distractions while studying eg phone, movies, popups on your computer screen can divert your attention.
Develop a habit of writing down key points from your read to refresh your mind at the end of your study .
Jonathan Abuga answered on 31 May 2019:
Different people have different study habits, for example some would prefer working early in the morning while others prefer burning the midnight oil. I suggest some general principles
1. You need self-motivation to learn. It is your life, you are not studying for your parents or guardians!
2. Be very attentive during class lessons: The teacher will most of the time talk about the most important things. Hate your teacher at your own peril. Ignore the assignments if you want to fail.
2. Identify your areas of weakness. You know them. Do not ignore them.
3. Prioritize and organise your work into realistic time plan. Am talking about having a personal time-table. Be disciplined and stick to it.
4. Evaluate your progress. Find an objective way of assessing you have understood what you have been reading, else you will not know if you are progressing.
5 Study-life balance: There is always some life away from books. Remember the old saying, “Work without play makes Jack a dull boy”. Find some outdoor activity and have fun during your spare time!
Grace Kago answered on 3 Jun 2019:
1. know your weaknesses and then work towards strengthening them
2. make sure that if you do not understand something, ask your teacher and/or investigate it immediately and don’t wait to “figure it out” before the exam. You will likely forget it and/or be overwhelmed by all the other material you need to know (I learned this from experience)
3. have faith in yourself! do not allow yourself to sabotage yourself.
4. speak to teachers, people with careers etc. and learn how other people excel, and see what works for you 🙂
5. don’t give up.
What can cause one to undergo menstrual flow twice a month
challenges encountered in the public universities
what makes people cry or what forms tears
Are there side effect of taking pills during period pains
why are you not answering some of my questions
Under which circumstances one is able to do sex without ejaculating? (2 comments)
why do black holes not allow light through them (2 comments)
What causes Rheumatic fever (2 comments)
can you be my mentor (5 comments)
i would like to be a paedetrician which sciences am I supposed 2 take? What advantages and disadvantages are associated (1 comment)